February 14th, the date revered for romance, and a holiday that is usually commemorated with chocolate. If the ingredient list for your Valentine’s Day includes the captivating cocoa bean, here is a healthy way to incorporate the king of natural aphrodisiacs into your recipe for romance.
Chocolate avocado mousse is great way to indulge in a rich, velvety dessert while reaping the benefits of healthy fats, fibre and vitamins; a guilt-free pleasure you can really fall in love with.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
• 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate plus additional for garnish
• 2 ripe (8 ounce) avocados, peeled and pitted
• 3 teaspoons agave syrup
• 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup almond milk (or almond cashew milk blend)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of sea salt
• Fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries for garnish
• Whipped coconut cream for garnish
Place the chocolate in a small bowl and melt over a double boiler, stirring until the chocolate is melted (approximately 3 minutes).
Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Place the melted chocolate along with the avocados, agave, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
Spoon the mixture into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance).
Garnish with whipped coconut cream, fresh berries and additional dark chocolate shavings.
Serve and enjoy.